Jennifer Lopez to play cougar in thriller 'The Boy Next Door'
- âThank the Lord he is dead, this son of a gunâ: Thatâs a lift from the epitaph Khushwant Singh wrote for himself
- 2G spectrum case: ED issues fresh summons to Karunanidhi's wife
- Gandhinagar seat: Modi meets Advani; BJP says 'no differences' over tickets
- One dead, three injured after train derails at Titwala
- Australia releases pictures of possible MH370 debris, four planes checking 2 objects
Actress Jennifer Lopez will romance a boy toy who befriends her son in a low-budgeted movie titled "The Boy Next Door".
The 44-year-old songstress, who is dating much-younger boyfriend Casper Smart in real life, is tapped to portray a cougar mom in the thriller, reported Aceshowbiz.
The movie will follow the 'On the Floor' hitmaker as a newly-single mom as she is involved in an affair with her teenage neighbour who befriends her son. Trouble ensues when she tries to end the relationship.
The project is produced by Jason Blum and "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor" director Rob Cohen is reportedly in talks to direct with a script by Barbara Curry.
Blum, known for his low-budgeted movies like "The Purge" and "Paranormal Activity" franchise, will make the thriller on a shoestring budget between $ 3 and $ 4 million.
Production is expected to begin this fall before Lopez begins filming the live shows of "American Idol" in January 2014.