Jerrit John sent to judicial custody
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
A metropolitan magistrate remanded on Wednesday chemical attack accused Jerrit John in judicial custody.
"We produced Jerrit in court as his police custody ended and he was remanded in judicial custody," confirmed ACP (Dadar division) Ramesh Dhanwat.
Dadar Police had recently slapped IPC section 307 (attempt to murder) on Jerrit after victim Aryanka Hosbetkar, a physiotherapist, said in a supplementary statement that the film production studio owner had tried to kill her thrice in the past.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18