Jessica Alba dreams of career in politics
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
Hollywood actress Jessica Alba has confessed that she harbours political dreams and would love to run for office if she wasn't living the glamorous life of a movie star.
The 'Fantastic Four' actress devotes much of her free time to a number of charities and insists she'd love to make a difference for those in need as a politician, Self magazine reported.
"I used to think being a marine biologist would be the best thing ever, but now that I've grown up and seen things in the world, I think politics. Advocating and lobbying for certain issues would be a pretty interesting way to live your life," Alba added.
And the 28-year-old is pleased more women are taking higher-ranking roles in government.
"When I was in Washington, DC, I got to meet (Speaker of the House of Representatives) Nancy Pelosi. She was so warm. I just grinned from ear to ear with my mouth open and my eyes bulging out of my head!," Alba said.
"Afterwards, I called (husband) Cash (Warren) and totally geeked out. I was beside myself. Tickled pink! The fact that a woman is speaker of the house? Oh, my God!," Alba added.