Jessica Alba dreams of career in politics
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
Hollywood actress Jessica Alba has confessed that she harbours political dreams and would love to run for office if she wasn't living the glamorous life of a movie star.
The 'Fantastic Four' actress devotes much of her free time to a number of charities and insists she'd love to make a difference for those in need as a politician, Self magazine reported.
"I used to think being a marine biologist would be the best thing ever, but now that I've grown up and seen things in the world, I think politics. Advocating and lobbying for certain issues would be a pretty interesting way to live your life," Alba added.
And the 28-year-old is pleased more women are taking higher-ranking roles in government.
"When I was in Washington, DC, I got to meet (Speaker of the House of Representatives) Nancy Pelosi. She was so warm. I just grinned from ear to ear with my mouth open and my eyes bulging out of my head!," Alba said.
"Afterwards, I called (husband) Cash (Warren) and totally geeked out. I was beside myself. Tickled pink! The fact that a woman is speaker of the house? Oh, my God!," Alba added.