Jessica Alba dreams of career in politics
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Hollywood actress Jessica Alba has confessed that she harbours political dreams and would love to run for office if she wasn't living the glamorous life of a movie star.
The 'Fantastic Four' actress devotes much of her free time to a number of charities and insists she'd love to make a difference for those in need as a politician, Self magazine reported.
"I used to think being a marine biologist would be the best thing ever, but now that I've grown up and seen things in the world, I think politics. Advocating and lobbying for certain issues would be a pretty interesting way to live your life," Alba added.
And the 28-year-old is pleased more women are taking higher-ranking roles in government.
"When I was in Washington, DC, I got to meet (Speaker of the House of Representatives) Nancy Pelosi. She was so warm. I just grinned from ear to ear with my mouth open and my eyes bulging out of my head!," Alba said.
"Afterwards, I called (husband) Cash (Warren) and totally geeked out. I was beside myself. Tickled pink! The fact that a woman is speaker of the house? Oh, my God!," Alba added.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express