Jessica Alba dreams of career in politics
- Centre lifts ban on Jallikattu, TN politicians welcome move
- Probing Pathankot attack: All alert, all caught unawares — luck their strongest ally
- Behind the breach, 3 lights turned upward and airbase staffer detained
- After Minister says (Aamir) ad deal over, PMO dials, calls for a report
- Eleven killed, 20 injured in bus accident near Tirunelveli
Hollywood actress Jessica Alba has confessed that she harbours political dreams and would love to run for office if she wasn't living the glamorous life of a movie star.
The 'Fantastic Four' actress devotes much of her free time to a number of charities and insists she'd love to make a difference for those in need as a politician, Self magazine reported.
"I used to think being a marine biologist would be the best thing ever, but now that I've grown up and seen things in the world, I think politics. Advocating and lobbying for certain issues would be a pretty interesting way to live your life," Alba added.
And the 28-year-old is pleased more women are taking higher-ranking roles in government.
"When I was in Washington, DC, I got to meet (Speaker of the House of Representatives) Nancy Pelosi. She was so warm. I just grinned from ear to ear with my mouth open and my eyes bulging out of my head!," Alba said.
- Across the Aisle: Price of procrastination
- Bilateral trade with Indonesia is on autopilot. It needs to be energised
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed: His own journey
- New Year Postcard-7: Intolerance in the House
- Left is stuck with old issues. It must strike new conversations with middle classes and youth
- To tackle terror, Saudi Arabia would have to fight the very forces it supports