Jessica Simpson hates weight jibes
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Singer-turned-fashion designer Jessica Simpson is hurt by cruel taunts about her weight but is trying to laugh off the jibes.
The 32-year-old has been paid four million dollars by Weight Watchers to lose the weight she put on after giving birth to her first child Maxwell in May and promote their brand.
Although she has dropped 40 pounds in four months, her cruel detractors have hit out at her for not losing the remaining 40 already, reported In Touch magazine.
"For years, Jessica has been ok with her body and everyone loved her for that. But now she's not feeling the love and she doesn't like it.
"She's trying to conceal her hurt feelings with humour right now. She uses jokes and goofiness to hide the fact that she's really sensitive," a source said.
Simpson unveiled her weight loss on TV last week and friends say she worked incredibly hard since giving birth to lose the extra weight.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly