Jessica Simpson hates weight jibes
- Cauvery row: Can't release water till December, Karnataka tells SC
- India beat New Zealand by 197 runs in Kanpur Test, take 1-0 series lead
- ISRO successfully places SCATSAT-1, seven other satellites in orbit
- Shahabuddin bail case: Supreme Court adjourns hearing for Wednesday
- SC refuses urgent hearing on PIL seeking to declare Indus Waters Treaty unconstitutional
Singer-turned-fashion designer Jessica Simpson is hurt by cruel taunts about her weight but is trying to laugh off the jibes.
The 32-year-old has been paid four million dollars by Weight Watchers to lose the weight she put on after giving birth to her first child Maxwell in May and promote their brand.
Although she has dropped 40 pounds in four months, her cruel detractors have hit out at her for not losing the remaining 40 already, reported In Touch magazine.
"For years, Jessica has been ok with her body and everyone loved her for that. But now she's not feeling the love and she doesn't like it.
"She's trying to conceal her hurt feelings with humour right now. She uses jokes and goofiness to hide the fact that she's really sensitive," a source said.
Simpson unveiled her weight loss on TV last week and friends say she worked incredibly hard since giving birth to lose the extra weight.
- Loud jingoism and war talk erode India’s credibility
- Phenomenon of the non-academic VC is part of a wider crisis of the university
- PM Modi must recognise Pakistan’s gameplan, and respond at a time and place of India’s choosing
- The government has failed to provide the right incentives to farmers
- The advent of the Fadnavis government in Maharashtra Marathas’ political hegemony
- Across the aisle: In search of a Pakistan policy