Jessica Simpson scraps plans for menswear range
- Patna High Court stays Nitish Kumar's election as JD(U) legislature party chief
- Arvind Kejriwal gets down to business, calls for full statehood for Delhi
- President Pranab Mukherjee warns against deviation from constitutional principles
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: SIT to quiz Shashi Tharoor tomorrow
- Shanti Bhushan accuses Arvind Kejriwal of accepting 'tainted' money
Singer-designer Jessica Simpson has reportedly scrapped the plans to add a menswear collection to her fashion empire following unsatisfactory work from her team.
The 32-year-old founded her self-titled brand in 2006, with products including women's clothing, handbags, shoes, fragrances and accessories. She has since turned it into a USD 1 billion business.
Editors at Star magazine claim Simpson, who is pregnant with her second child, had been in talks to create a line of apparel for men, with her fiance, former American footballer Eric Johnson, in charge of the designs.
But Simpson was not won over by the T-shirt, jeans and khakis range her creative team came up with and she chose to scrap the idea altogether.
"The idea of a men's line was nixed as soon as the presentation meeting finished," a source said.