Jet flight makes emergency landing, passengers, crew safe
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
A Jet Airways aircraft with 135 passengers on board made an emergency landing at the N S C Bose International airport here tonight after it developed a technical snag in the mid-air.
Airport sources said that around 10:12 pm the pilot of flight number 517, coming from Mumbai, sought the ATC's permission for emergency landing citing some technical problem in tyre.
With all standard emergency measures in place, the plane safely landed at 10:22 pm without any hitches and the air passengers and crew of the Mumbai-Kolkata flight disembarked. The aircraft was now being checked by experts who suspected some hydraulic pressure problem in its tyre.