Jewellery store at Chaura Bazaar robbed
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
Ornamenst worth Rs 6 lakh and some cash have been reported missing from a jewellery store in Chaura Bazar. The theft took place on Sunday night and was discovered by owner Kamal Dhanda when he found the locks broken on Monday morning. According to police investigations, Rs 1 lakh and jewellery worth Rs 6 lakh have been stolen. The thieves had also tried to open the strong room, but failed, police added.
SHO Kotwali Surinder Mohan, who registered the FIR in the case, stated that investigations were on to nab the culprits. The thieves entered the second and third floor of the store after breaking open the shutters. Police suspect that an insider could have been involved in the incident. After the shutters are broken, only a child can enter the shop on the second or third floor, police said before adding that someone had entered by lying down. Lack of night patrol resulted in the crime, which must have taken ample time.