Jhammat land scam: DC Tiwari orders encroachers, panchayat to file appeal
- Union Cabinet recommends President's Rule in Arunachal Pradesh
- Rafale jet deal on right track, says French President Hollande ahead of India visit
- Three girls commit suicide in Tamil Nadu, blaming college, high fees
- Tavleen Singh's column: Could Rohith have been saved?
- Netaji files: Centre rejected probe reports twice, to assert ‘Bose dead’
In the 2002 Jhammat village land scam case, Deputy Commissioner Rahul Tiwari has asked encroachers as well as village panchayat to file appeals before the director panchayat and district development progrrame officer (DDPO).
It needs to be mentioned that a case had come up before the DC regarding encroachment on two acres village pond land on which 11 persons have done pucca constructions. The persons who have constructed houses however maintained that false case was being framed against them.
It needs to be mentioned that panchayat had filed case in high court and the later had directed the DC to conduct enquiry.DC told that after conducting inquiry we found that in year 2002 the then ADC(D) had allotted land to 4 persons. Later they constructed houses on that land and even 7 more constructed houses on the rest of the land.
The panchayat never filed an appeal against the orders of ADC(D) at that time and later raised objections. Information revealed that though land was allotted by ADC(D) to four persons but it was not for constructing houses.
DC told that the panchayat as well as the rest 11 persons have been now told to file respective appeals in the director panchayats and DDPO's office for further hearing of the case.