Jharkhand beefs up security for Modi rally today
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Gadkari says there's casteism in Bihar DNA then retracts by saying he meant 'political' DNA
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: Another poor start by KKR, lose openers early against DD
Ahead of Modi's Sunday rally, the Jharkhand government is working to ensure tight security with the main thrust being laid on manual frisking.
There will be 40 door-framed metal detector gates for the BJP rally at Dhurva Ground in Ranchi.
The state police had also left "no people zone" in front of the stage and behind it. There will also be separate entrance for two smaller platforms along the main one from where Modi will deliver his speech, with an exclusive entrance and exit for him. BJP chief Rajnath Singh and a chosen few leaders are likely to share dais. The police conducted mock-drills Friday and Saturday.
The Jharkhand BJP, expecting a turnout of over two lakh people, said people will come using 20,000 vehicles and five trains. The BJP that already has seven of 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand has been also eying Santhal Pargana and Palamu regions to expand party base using Modi as its mascot.
A Gujarat team reached Ranchi to take stock of security and has been coordinating with state police to give final touches. A senior police officer said, "We will keep Kute road behind the rally venue blocked as it can be used for evacuation in case of any eventuality. Twenty CCTV cameras and six dome cameras have been installed to watch people's movement".
The BJP has engaged a Lucknow-based company for putting high-quality sound system. Modi will come to the venue using a helicopter.