Jharkhand beefs up security for Modi rally
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Ahaed of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's Sunday rally, the Jharkhand government is working to ensure tight security, with the main thrust on manual frisking.
There will be 40 door framed metal detectors for the rally at Dhurva Ground in Ranchi.
The state police has also left "no people zone" in front of the stage and behind it. There will also be separate entrances for two smaller platforms along the main one from where Modi will deliver his speech, with an exclusive entrance and exit for him. BJP chief Rajnath Singh and a chosen few leaders are likely to share the dais. The police conducted mock-drills Friday and Saturday.
The Jharkhand BJP, expecting a turnout of over two lakh, said 20,000 vehicles and five trains are expected to bring the crowds. The BJP, which already has seven of 14 Lok Sabha seats in Jharkhand, has been eying Santhal Pargana and Palamu regions to expand party base using Modi as its mascot.
A Gujarat team reached Ranchi to take stock of security and has been coordinating with state police. A senior police officer said, "We will keep Kute road behind the rally venue blocked as it can be used for evacuation. Twenty CCTV cameras and six dome cameras have been installed to watch people's movement".
The BJP has engaged a Lucknow-based company for putting high-quality sound system. Modi will arrive in a helicopter.