Jharkhand: Only 47 pct MGNREGA schemes completed in 2009-10
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Only 47 per cent of the schemes taken up under MGNREGA were completed in 2009-10 in Jharkhand, says the CAG report.
"...Out of a total 1,60,813 schemes only 75,767 schemes completed at the end of 2009/10," said the CAG report for the year ended March 31, 2001, which was placed during the recently concluded monsoon session of the assembly.
"Out of a total available funds of Rs 1916.29 crore only Rs 1379.70 crore was spent¿Rs 188.05 crore was released in the last month of the financial year which affected the progress of the schemes," the report added.
The CAG also pointed out that only 31 per cent of schemes under Indira Awas Yojana were completed with only 94032 out of a total of 303684 schemes being completed in 2009/10.
Stating that only Rs 398.08 crore of Rs 647.12 crore were spent under these schemes, the CAG said that non-achievement of targets had deprived people residing below the poverty line of the intended benefits despite the availability of funds.