Jharkhand: Only 47 pct MGNREGA schemes completed in 2009-10
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Due to the dynastic politics, people continue to live the way they did under Mughals, says Modi
Only 47 per cent of the schemes taken up under MGNREGA were completed in 2009-10 in Jharkhand, says the CAG report.
"...Out of a total 1,60,813 schemes only 75,767 schemes completed at the end of 2009/10," said the CAG report for the year ended March 31, 2001, which was placed during the recently concluded monsoon session of the assembly.
"Out of a total available funds of Rs 1916.29 crore only Rs 1379.70 crore was spent¿Rs 188.05 crore was released in the last month of the financial year which affected the progress of the schemes," the report added.
The CAG also pointed out that only 31 per cent of schemes under Indira Awas Yojana were completed with only 94032 out of a total of 303684 schemes being completed in 2009/10.
Stating that only Rs 398.08 crore of Rs 647.12 crore were spent under these schemes, the CAG said that non-achievement of targets had deprived people residing below the poverty line of the intended benefits despite the availability of funds.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move