Jharkhand: Woman teacher stabbed to death by 3 students
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- BJP leader to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Elections LIVE 2014: BJP disapproves Giriraj Singh's Pakistan remark
A woman school teacher was stabbed to death in Sahibganj town allegedly by three students, police said today.
The students went to the residence of 57-year-old teacher Rita Biswas at Netaji Subhas Colony yesterday on the pretext of taking tuition and stabbed her in the stomach when she opened the door, Deputy Superintendent of Police Shashi Bhusan told reporters here.
The victim was declared brought dead by the doctors at the Sadar Hospital, he said, adding she was a teacher with the St. Joseph School.
Victim's 64-year-old husband, Asish Kumar Biswas, was admitted to the hospital with injuries he suffered while trying to resist the attackers, the police officer said.
"The matter is still under investigation," he said when asked whether the students were of the same school and what could have been the reason for the crime.