Jharkhand: Woman teacher stabbed to death by 3 students
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
A woman school teacher was stabbed to death in Sahibganj town allegedly by three students, police said today.
The students went to the residence of 57-year-old teacher Rita Biswas at Netaji Subhas Colony yesterday on the pretext of taking tuition and stabbed her in the stomach when she opened the door, Deputy Superintendent of Police Shashi Bhusan told reporters here.
The victim was declared brought dead by the doctors at the Sadar Hospital, he said, adding she was a teacher with the St. Joseph School.
Victim's 64-year-old husband, Asish Kumar Biswas, was admitted to the hospital with injuries he suffered while trying to resist the attackers, the police officer said.
"The matter is still under investigation," he said when asked whether the students were of the same school and what could have been the reason for the crime.