Jiah Khan ended life over troubled love affair with Suraj Pancholi, failing career: Police
- Arunachal: Nabam Tuki resigns paving way for selection of Pema Khandu as CLP leader
- Turkish military coup bid crumbles, 90 killed in violence, Erdogan returns
- Who is Fethullah Gulen: The cleric being blamed for Turkey coup attempt
- Man responsible for Nice carnage was an angry loner, had little interest in Islam
- State killing its own citizens self-injury of worst sort: IAS topper from Kashmir
Young actress Jiah Khan, also known as Nafisa Khan, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself, with the police claiming she was heartbroken after a failed relationship with Suraj Pancholi, the son of actor couple Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab, which possibly drove her to take the step at her home last night.
The body of Jiah, 25, was found hanging at her 'Sagar Sangeet' residence in Juhu at around 11 PM where she lived with mother and sister who were not present when she ended her life.
Preliminary investigation has revealed that she was in a relationship with Suraj, son of actor couple Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab for nearly a year. Jiah was said to be under depression after coming to know of Suraj's new love interest, who supplied jewellery to the Pancholis.
Investigators said the actress, who made her dream debut opposite Amitabh Bachchan in Ram Gopal Varma's 2007 film 'Nishabd', prima facie took her life due to her strained relationship with Suraj, a student at an acting institute.
Suraj and Jiah spoke over telephone a number of times yesterday, with the last call being made at 22.53 PM which lasted for two minutes. Soon thereafter, Jiah hanged herself.
Post mortem examination revealed the incident took place between 11 pm and 11.30 pm, sources said.
"Jiah was said to be very possessive about Suraj. Last night they exchanged text messages on their cell phones. Suraj also sent her a bouquet which she did not accept," they said.
Jiah was also said to be unhappy about her career in Bollywood as she was out of job for quite some time. She had told her mother that she wanted to take up interior designing as a profession besides acting in Bollywood.
- Kashmir is more than land, it is people
- Does Kashmir need a military response or a political one?
- Javadekar’s job profile in his new ministry helped bring about the elevation
- The Conservative Party has upheld the existing order and resisted ideas of rapid change
- Modi administration has everything going for it except the belief that it is capable of taking the moral high ground
- Childcare is a women’s issue. Could we hope to make it gender neutral?