Jiah Khan ended life over troubled love affair with Suraj Pancholi, failing career: Police
- Ironically Cong leader Manoharsinh Jadeja was first to call Modi 'incorruptible', show Wikileaks cable
- AgustaWestland deal: India to 'pursue all options' to recover bank guarantee
- Missing Malaysian plane: Co-pilot spoke last words from missing aircraft
- Congress a sinking ship, even senior leaders deserting it: Arun Jaitley
- Hailstorm: Crop loss figure goes up to Rs 10,000 crore
Young actress Jiah Khan, also known as Nafisa Khan, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself, with the police claiming she was heartbroken after a failed relationship with Suraj Pancholi, the son of actor couple Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab, which possibly drove her to take the step at her home last night.
The body of Jiah, 25, was found hanging at her 'Sagar Sangeet' residence in Juhu at around 11 PM where she lived with mother and sister who were not present when she ended her life.
Preliminary investigation has revealed that she was in a relationship with Suraj, son of actor couple Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab for nearly a year. Jiah was said to be under depression after coming to know of Suraj's new love interest, who supplied jewellery to the Pancholis.
Investigators said the actress, who made her dream debut opposite Amitabh Bachchan in Ram Gopal Varma's 2007 film 'Nishabd', prima facie took her life due to her strained relationship with Suraj, a student at an acting institute.
Suraj and Jiah spoke over telephone a number of times yesterday, with the last call being made at 22.53 PM which lasted for two minutes. Soon thereafter, Jiah hanged herself.
Post mortem examination revealed the incident took place between 11 pm and 11.30 pm, sources said.
"Jiah was said to be very possessive about Suraj. Last night they exchanged text messages on their cell phones. Suraj also sent her a bouquet which she did not accept," they said.
Jiah was also said to be unhappy about her career in Bollywood as she was out of job for quite some time. She had told her mother that she wanted to take up interior designing as a profession besides acting in Bollywood.
- A blue bungalow that retains its old glory as others lose theirs
- Like Rahul, Mamata should also be more critical of Modi: Imam
- Several city college principals want junior colleges separated
- Pune rural police set up cell to coordinate poll preparedness
- Four chain-snatching incidents reported in city
- Maoists distance from Nachika, call his surrender plan ‘drama’