Jiah Khan's last letter: I aborted our baby when it hurt me deeply
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The family of Jiah Khan, who committed suicide last week, on Sunday shared a six-page letter allegedly written by her blaming Sooraj Pancholi for the troubled relationship she had with him.
The family members said they were not happy with police investigations. Jiah Khan's mother Rabiya had handed over the letter to police Saturday.
Jiah Khan's younger sister Kavita, who came to Mumbai from London, spoke to Newsline. "The six-page letter has been handed over to police. We wanted Jiah's voice to be heard by the world," said Kavita.
Family members said there were several indications in Jiah Khan's letter about her troubled relationship with actor Aditya Pancholi's son Sooraj but police investigation was tardy and shoddy.
"My mother and sister have recorded their statements with police and told them about the relationship between Jiah and Sooraj," said Kavita.
Asked whether Sooraj had performed Jiah's last rites, Kavita denied it. "Sooraj was not invited; none of us wanted him there," Kavita said.
"Jiah Khan was not depressed regarding work. She was the strongest girl I knew. She was my strength," said Kavita, Rubbishing media reports about Jiah Khan not getting films. She said the last time they spoke, Jiah seemed happy as she had got a few offers.
Cherring Dorje, Deputy Commissioner of Police (zone 9) said, "Investigation will not be biased. The contents of the letter cannot be disclosed at the moment. We are taking legal opinion on the matter."
Juhu police said they have recorded statements of eight people, including Sooraj. They have also retrieved SMSes, records of phone calls exchanged between Jiah and Sooraj minutes before she hanged herself, her social network conversations and the letter.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express