Jimmy Savile’s ex-chauffeur arrested over rape claim
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A former chauffeur of shamed TV presenter Jimmy Savile has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of committing rape.
Teret, 71, was arrested in Altrincham following a police probe into allegations of historic sexual abuse.
According to the police, the accusations are not linked with the national inquiry into child sex abuse claims against Savile.
"I want to make it absolutely clear that this is not an investigation into the late Jimmy Savile, nor do any of the allegations relate to any involvement by Savile," Sky News quoted a police official, as saying.
"The arrest follows an investigation by the Serious Sexual Offences Unit into three separate allegations of historic sexual abuse which have been reported to Greater Manchester Police since 28 October 2012," the official added.
According to sources, the victims say the alleged offences took place around the time Teret was living with the disgraced television presenter.