Jimmy Savile’s ex-chauffeur arrested over rape claim
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
A former chauffeur of shamed TV presenter Jimmy Savile has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of committing rape.
Teret, 71, was arrested in Altrincham following a police probe into allegations of historic sexual abuse.
According to the police, the accusations are not linked with the national inquiry into child sex abuse claims against Savile.
"I want to make it absolutely clear that this is not an investigation into the late Jimmy Savile, nor do any of the allegations relate to any involvement by Savile," Sky News quoted a police official, as saying.
"The arrest follows an investigation by the Serious Sexual Offences Unit into three separate allegations of historic sexual abuse which have been reported to Greater Manchester Police since 28 October 2012," the official added.
According to sources, the victims say the alleged offences took place around the time Teret was living with the disgraced television presenter.
- MU issues showcause notice to S K Somaiya College
- Denied nod to sit with her special child in classroom, mother moves MSCPCR
- Judgment day today for couple caught on wrong side of new rape law
- Man accused of murder dies in custody, kin allege torture
- 2 BJP workers injured in firing
- 322 polling stations in Mumbai, suburbs ‘critical’