Jind SPís gem: Women should celebrate New Year at home
- Moga molestation case: Family refuses to cremate victim, seeks cancellation of bus firm's permit
- Ramdev rebuts Opposition, says his medicine doesn't promise male child
- Economic policy 'directionless', minorities anxious: Shourie on Modi government
- Six Baltimore officers face murder charges in black man shooting
- 'All of a sudden, I saw light': Nepal earthquake survivor recounts rescue
A day after BJP MLA from Rajasthan said that a ban on skirts as school uniform was a solution to crimes against women, in Haryana's Jind, SP Saurabh Singh on Sunday suggested that women should stay indoors and celebrate New Year at home.
Singh has given three suggestions to women planning to celebrate New Year.
His press statement said that women should stay indoors with their family and celebrate New Year at home. If they want to celebrate in a hotel, they must not interact with strangers. They must stay away from alcohol, and in case of any untoward incident promptly inform the police.
Singh also cautioned parents, saying that at times parents are not aware of where exactly their children are celebrating the New Year, and come to know of it only when their children have committed some crime and the police have caught them. "Before children get involved in any such act, parents should pay proper attention to them...," the statement added.
He also warned people against drink driving. Singh was unavailable to explain his instructions.