Jindal Steel & Power shares tank over 6 pct on profit-booking
- Khushwant Singh dies at 99, tributes pour in
- Gandhinagar seat: Modi meets Advani; BJP says 'no differences' over tickets
- Mumbai court convicts five in Shakti Mills gangrape cases
- Australia releases pictures of possible MH370 debris, four planes checking 2 objects
- No reason to believe Pakistan leadership knew presence of Laden: US
Shares of Jindal Steel & Power Limited (JSPL) today tanked by over 6 per cent on profit-booking after the stock rose in the preceding nine trading sessions.
Jindal Steel & Power's scrip settled 6.01 per cent lower at Rs 266.50 on the BSE. During the day, the stock tumbled 6.5 per cent to Rs 265.10.
At the NSE, the Jindal Steel & Power scrip was down 6.17 per cent to close at Rs 266.
In terms of volume, 5.15 lakh shares of the company changed hands on the BSE, while over 50 lakh shares were traded on the NSE during the day.
The stock was also the worst performer among the blue- chips on both the key indices -- Sensex and Nifty.
In the past nine trading sessions, Jindal Steel & Power stock had gained 13.26 per cent.
According to a BSE circular dated November 22, Axis Bank will replace Jindal Steel & Power Ltd in Sensex with effect from December 23.
Meanwhile, in the broader market, the BSE benchmark index Sensex ended at 21,326.42, up 329.89 points or 1.57 per cent.