Jingle all the way
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
With Christmas just round the corner, plans for the festive season has already begun. Some like to celebrate it in the orthodox traditional style, while for others it is the time to attend some of the most happening parties in town. Here is the list of top five destinations in India, which are the best places to be on Christmas eve.
With a whopping 90.5 per cent Christian population, Christmas in this mountainous state has to be a big celebration. Every household becomes a part of the festive mood during December. Ever since its inception, Christianity has inspired the living style and social customs of Mizoram people. The streets of the capital city, Aizawl have resplendent festive looks. All the churches organise the traditional Christmas masses and special services.
Places to visit: Aizawl, Tamdil, Champai, Reiek
Cuisine: Mizo people love non-veg, the local delicacies are Bai, chhangban and sawhchiar
Be it any time of the year, for any celebration, what can be a better destination than Goa. Goa has an exhaustive range of activities during Christmas. Goa has many pubs and discs where there are grand Christmas celebrations. You can also celebrate in an adventurous style with a mixed bag of water sports like snorkeling, para sailing, water skiing, etc.
Places to visit: Calangute, Baga, Anjuna, Panjim city
Cuisine: Goan roast beef, mussels rawa fried, sorak, Bibinca
Known as the French Riviera of the east, this small union territory has its own charm and way of celebrating Christmas. A tinge of French culture can be seen in their celebration. Pondicherry celebrates this festive season in a calm and quite manner. Houses and streets are decorated with seasonal decorations and brilliant illuminating lights. The Church authorities organise Christmas midnight masses and also you may find candlelight processions headed by the priest.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18