Jishnu-Eshan clinch title
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
It was the experience of international Jishnu Sanyal and the powerplay of the State No. 1 Eshan Naqvi that saw them outplaying the favourites Abhidnya Sawant and Prasad Shetty in the final of the of the BG-Yonex Badminton Addicts Doubles Challenge, hosted by Bombay Gymkhana. However it was touch and go as the final was well fought right through with the youngsters from Thane pipping the seasoned combination of Abhidnya and Prasadd 21-18, 21-19.
Results: (Final): Jishu Sanyal/Eshan Naqvi bt Abhidnya Sawant/Prasad Shetty 21-18, 21-19. (Semifinals): Abhidnya Sawant/Prasad Shetty bt Aditya Pandya/Nilkhil Kolhatkar 21-11, 21-12; Jishnu Sanyal/Eshan Naqvi bt Kaushal Dharmamer/Shlok Ramchandran 15-21, 21-12, 23-21. (Quarterfinals): Aditya Pandya/Nikhil Kolhatkar bt Mangrish Palekar/Abhishek Parekh 21-19, 21-16; Jishnu Sanyal/Eshan Naqvi bt Sanket Shirbhate/Amit Khadgi 21-14, 21-17; Abhidnya Sawant/Prasad Shyetty bt Prashant Bhatre/Abhishek Kulkarni 22-24, 21-14, 21-13; Kaushal Dharmamer/Shlok Ramchandran bt Mayur Tawade/Ameya Joshi 21-12, 21-10.
Dominic Savio oust St. Francis
Andheri's Dominic Savio became the new champions as they outshoot strong fav ourties St Francis D'Assissi 7-6 in the under-14 final of the 5th Poinsur Gymkhana Inter-school football tournament, held at their groun d at Kandivali . After both were locked at 0-0 at the regulation time, the tie was resolved by tie-breaker.
The individual prizes winners were:¨Boys U-14: Best Goal Keeper: Mohammad Murad (Domnic Savio). Best Defender: Siemeon Monteiro (Domnic Savio). Best Mid Fielder Viren Mudaliyar: St. Francis D'Assissi). Best Striker: Calvin Barretto (Domnic Savio). Out Standing Player: Mathew Johnson (St. Francis D'Assissi ). Boys U-16: Best Goal Keeper: Pandya Harsh(Don Bosco). Best Defender: Abhishek Corda (Don Bosco). Best Mid Fielder: Jash Shah (St. Francis D'Assissi ). Best Striker: ashron Rodrigues (St. Francis D'Assissi ). Out Standing Player: Noronha Desmond (Don Bosco). Results of the finals: Under-14: Dominic Savio Andheri) 7 (Calvin Baretto, Calvin Baretto, Aron Almeida, Karan Kutty, Sumeet Bane, Jared Saldanha, Mohmmad Murad and axnard D'Mello) bt St. Francis D'Assissi 6 (Mandar Vasarkar, Vinayak Sakpal, Viren Mudaliyar, Dylan Pereira, Mathews Johnson and Shantanu ). Under-16: Don Bosco (Borivali) 1 (Michael Nathan) bt St. Francis D'Assissi 0.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within