J-K Chief Minister Omar Abdullah congratulates Pranab Mukherjee
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today congratulated Pranab Mukherjee for being elected as the country's next President and expressed hope that he will visit the state soon.
"We are sure he will be a great President and the nation will benefit from the vast experience that he has gathered over his long and illustrious career.
"We look forward to receive him in Srinagar when he comes to see the Tulips," Omar said.
Jammu and Kashmir gave Mukherjee 68 votes while Sangma got 15 votes. Two votes were declared invalid. Mukherjee's vote value here stands at 4,896 while Sangma got 1,080. The Assembly has 87 MLAs.
Omar's father and Union Minister Farooq Abdullah also congratulated Mukherjee on his election saying this is "most delightful news we could get".
Mukherjee is a man with vast experience and has a vision about the future of this country, he said.
- Main accused in hawala racket has underworld links: Police
- Sindhu, Kashyap advance, Srikanth exits early at Asian C’ships
- Adhiban recovers, stays in lead
- 1 jumps to death as fire breaks out in Surat 10-storey building
- Barcelona gets temporary relief as FIFA freezes transfer ban
- Moyes thanks Ferguson, stays mum on players