J-K govt panel for ban on private practice of govt doctors
- SC orders completion of trial of all sitting MPs, MLAs within year of framing charges
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
A Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly panel has suggested imposition of ban on private practice of government doctors, particularly those posted in the Government Medical College Hospitals in the state.
The Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly Committee, constituted to examine the cause of increase in the deaths in SKIMS, Srinagar and SMGS Hospital (Paediatrics), Jammu, today suggested ban on private practice of government doctors, an official spokesman said today.
The committee, which met here today under the chairmanship of MLA Balwant Singh Mankotia, discussed about further streamlining the functioning of government hospitals.
The members, including Zulfikar Ali, Dr Mohammad Shafi Wani, Durga Dass and Charanajit Singh, stressed on expediting the recruitment of doctors and paramedic staff to meet the shortage, the spokesman said.
The committee decided that Director Health Services, Jammu, Director Health Services, Kashmir, all Chief Medical Officers and Medical Superintendents would be called in the next meeting to discuss the healthcare delivery system, including the referral system, he said.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress