JKBose 10th standard results leaked
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The results of the 10th standard examination held by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBose) in the state in October last year were leaked today, a day before being officially announced.
The results could be accessed in the wee hours today through a link on social networking site facebook that connected to the official website of the J and K Board of School Education.
A senior official of the Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education, which conducts all the school examinations in the state, expressed surprise that the results were leaked before being declared officially.
"The results were to be declared tomorrow," he said. Jammu and Kashmir Education Department officials held a meeting to fix responsibility for the leaking of the results, the official said.
Shabir Ahmad Bhat, a student who appeared for the examination, said he got a call from his friend at 4 am telling him about the results.
"The link was connected to the official website of the JK Board of School Education but could only be accessed through facebook," Bhat said.
However, according to some students, the link was later taken off the website.
"Some friends accessed the result through a link on facebook in the wee hours today and asked me to do the same. However, when I clicked on the link it had been removed," Gousia, another candidate, said.