JKBose 10th standard results leaked
- Maharashtra arrests shed light on IS methods of hiring via social media
- On board S6 of Sabarmati Express, 15 years later from poll-bound state
- Kargil martyr's daughter: Will not be cowed down by rape threats, ready to take bullet for country
- SIMI mastermind Safdar Nagori, 10 others awarded life imprisonment by Indore court
- Kiren Rijiju on daughter of Kargil martyr: Who is polluting this girl's mind?
The results of the 10th standard examination held by the Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBose) in the state in October last year were leaked today, a day before being officially announced.
The results could be accessed in the wee hours today through a link on social networking site facebook that connected to the official website of the J and K Board of School Education.
A senior official of the Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education, which conducts all the school examinations in the state, expressed surprise that the results were leaked before being declared officially.
"The results were to be declared tomorrow," he said. Jammu and Kashmir Education Department officials held a meeting to fix responsibility for the leaking of the results, the official said.
Shabir Ahmad Bhat, a student who appeared for the examination, said he got a call from his friend at 4 am telling him about the results.
"The link was connected to the official website of the JK Board of School Education but could only be accessed through facebook," Bhat said.
However, according to some students, the link was later taken off the website.
- Fifteen years after the 2002 riots, pain rankles
- Raja Mandala: Fruits of patience
- Kenneth Arrow: The transcendental economist
- Eliminate the terrorist but talk to all other anti-state actors in Kashmir
- The ABVP aggression at Ramjas can only be explained as a lesson
- Indian farmers are facing multiple crises