Jnana Prabodhini to hold educational conference to mark Vivekananda anniv
- Dalit student suicide: Protests erupt in Hyd, Cong demands sacking of Dattatreya, Irani
- Behind Dalit student suicide: how his campus showed him the door
- SC restrains Centre from disinvesting further shares in Hindustan Zinc in favour of Vedanta
- Ganga projects: Uma Bharti objects but Prakash Javadekar rejects
- Grieving Mehbooba Mufti introduces brother to party, politics
The Jnana Prabodhini will hold a three-day national educational conference in January next year on the topic of "Man Making". The seminar will be held at Jnana Prabodhini's Nigdi school campus to commemorate Swami Vivekananda's 150th birth anniversary.
Delegates from 13 states will be attending the conference where representatives from different schools of thought have been invited to deliver lectures. "This will help us understand their thoughts and also help them understand what all we have done in various fields," said Vivek Ponkshe, secretary education, Jnana Prabodhini.
As part of its golden jubilee celebration year, Prabodhini had organised an exhibition in New English School depicting its 50 years' journey.
- It is not incidental that Rohith Chakravarthi Vemula and his dissent were crushed
- Aroon Tikekar carried the rationalist legacy of 19th century Maharashtra
- Sushma Swaraj’s Israel visit: Owning a friendship
- Cuddalore rape victim story shows how little has changed
- Risk taking, experimentation and teamwork must also infect government machinery
- New mobile towers, better roads are making a difference in Bastar