Job racket: Assam Rifles officer held
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The job seekers would be sent to Guwahati or Jorhat where Das allegedly arranged for a fake medical examination. Police said the candidates would then be told to return to their homes and wait for appointment letters.
According to police, Das had provided Sinha sample appointment letters, seals and stamps, and specimen signatures of the appointing authority of Assam Rifles. She used these to send provisional appointment letters to the candidates, asking them to deposit Rs 1.5 lakh to Rs 1.7 lakh for the original appointment letter.
After the candidates deposited the full amount, they would never hear from Sinha or any of her agents, police said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express