Job-hunting UK teen puts himself on sale for £2.50
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
A teenager from Middlesbrough is so desperate for work that he has advertised himself in the For Sale column of a newspaper.
Jack Hill gave himself the bargain price tag of 2.50 pounds for any employer willing to give him an unpaid trial, the Mirror reported.
The 18-year-old said that he had to take the drastic step after applying for more than 10 jobs a week and getting nowhere.
"Apprentice mechanic, young, keen and reliable 18-year-old with full-time welding experience," the free ad in local paper the Evening Gazette read.
"Currently studying motor vehicle maintenance and repair. Looking for apprenticeship or training. Willing to do free trial," the advertisement read.
The ad was published alongside the usual ads for toys, prams, cots, keep-fit equipment and second-hand bikes.
Middlesbrough has the third highest unemployment rate in the UK.
"It is very hard to get a job at present in this region with unemployment being so high," he said.
"I have had a welding apprenticeship and am a fully qualified welder. But I really want to be a car mechanic. I have been trying everything to get an apprenticeship as a motor vehicle technician, making at least 10 applications a week.
"So I thought why not advertise myself and put myself out there?" he added.
Hill is studying vehicle maintenance and repairs at college part-time while looking for work as far afield as Newcastle and York.
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style