Jobless dole: R 55.22 cr distributed till date
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
In the past two months, the state government has distributed Rs 55.22 crore as unemployment allowance to 60,220 beneficiaries in different districts. Nearly 3,223 more unemployed youths will receive allowance cheques from Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav in Meerut on Saturday. Unemployment allowances was among the most lucrative poll promises made by Samajwadi Party before Assembly elections. The government had started distribution of the allowances from September 9 in Lucknow.
'UP to get R 1,200 cr from centre for Kumbh'
Chief Secretary Javed Usmani on Friday said that funding from the Centre for Kumbh-2013 was not going to be a problem and the state would get the assured sum in due course. Interacting with mediapersons in Allahabad following a review meeting on Kumbh-2013 preparations, Usmani said recent reports about Centre holding back Rs 800 for Kumbh were not true. Usmani said that the Centre has already given Rs 395 crores to the state towards preparation of Kumbh and the state would be getting another Rs 800 crores in due course.