Johar Cup: India beat Australia 2-0
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
India registered a superb 2-0 victory over Australia in their opening game of the second Sultan of Johar Cup in Malaysia today.
Sukhmanjit Singh and Amon Mirash Tirkey scored the goals for India.
After a goalless first half, India started the second half on a higher tempo.
They scored their first goal through a penalty corner convertion by Sukhmanjit in the 49th minute.
Australia then tried hard to score an equaliser but the Indian goalkeeper, Sushant Tirkey, who was awarded the man of the match, denied any chance to the opponent.
Indian forward Amon Mirash Tirkey made it 2-0 with well taken penalty corner a minute from the match.
India will next take on Germany in their second match on Monday.
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Modi’s 3D avatar a hit in Jasdan
- Three electrocuted while fixing Cong candidate’s board
- Public peeing a menace but can’t ensure zips locked: HC