John Abraham and Priya's wedding was pre-planned: John's dad
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
After a web of controversies post his break-up with Bipasha Basu, it took quite some time for John Abraham to be open about his relationship with girlfriend Priya Runchal.
And now after being haunted with speculations for more than a year, it is confirmed that John recently tied the knot with Priya at a rather private ceremony in Los Angeles this New Year.
John's dad, an architect by profession, revealed that this wedding was pre-planned and that the two preferred a simple court marriage that does not involve too many rituals and traditions. While none of his friends from the industry have been a part of this wedding, they took on to twitter to wish the actor. "Congrats @TheJohnAbraham .. Wish u and Priya all the happiness in the world!! God bless..Lots of love! :)" tweeted Sophie Choudry.
Shoojit Sircar, one of John's closest pals too wasn't a part of the wedding but was aware of the developments. He also claimed that John and Priya are private people and hence preferred to keep their wedding a low key affair.