John Abraham and Priya's wedding was pre-planned: John's dad
- We condemn the flogging of Dalit men in Gujarat, says Rajnath Singh
- India cannot suppress voice of Kashmiris, should hold plebiscite: Nawaz Sharif
- Hockey legend Mohammed Shahid passes away
- Ambiguity on Navjot Singh Sidhu's status in BJP as no official word on resignation from party
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt to examine pay parity between IAS, non-IAS officers
After a web of controversies post his break-up with Bipasha Basu, it took quite some time for John Abraham to be open about his relationship with girlfriend Priya Runchal.
And now after being haunted with speculations for more than a year, it is confirmed that John recently tied the knot with Priya at a rather private ceremony in Los Angeles this New Year.
John's dad, an architect by profession, revealed that this wedding was pre-planned and that the two preferred a simple court marriage that does not involve too many rituals and traditions. While none of his friends from the industry have been a part of this wedding, they took on to twitter to wish the actor. "Congrats @TheJohnAbraham .. Wish u and Priya all the happiness in the world!! God bless..Lots of love! :)" tweeted Sophie Choudry.
Shoojit Sircar, one of John's closest pals too wasn't a part of the wedding but was aware of the developments. He also claimed that John and Priya are private people and hence preferred to keep their wedding a low key affair.
- The endeavour for a common civil law must be to end discrimination, and not stamp majority might
- A host of powerful open and programmable capabilities is set to create the ‘WhatsApp moment’ for Indian banking
- Local newspapers are often the only source of news during curfew and the record of state violence
- Navjot Sidhu’s revolt has complicated the Punjab pre-poll scene
- There is an urgent need for India to reclaim 'national interest' from its national media
- India's institutionalised monetary policy framework has to be taken to its logical conclusion