John Abraham: RAW agents don't flaunt abs, jump in air
- PM Modi should resign if he can't ask four ministers to step down: Congress
- Lalit Modi names 2 Indian, 1 West Indian cricketer who were bribed
- Kerala bar bribery case: Relief for Mani as anti-corruption body decides against chargesheet
- No charging check-in baggage: Government on budget airlines' move
- Delhi court allows TERI chief R K Pachauri to travel to USA
Actor John Abraham, who plays a RAW agent in his upcoming film Madras Cafe, says in real life these men do not jump like spider-man and flaunt six pack abs.
"We have shown real side of RAW agents. In fact we have two retired RAW agents in the film. They don't jump like spider-man or go around and flaunt their six pack abs. We have stuck to realism," John Abraham told reporters at the first look
of Madras Cafe.
Recently Salman Khan and Saif Ali Khan have played RAW agents in Ek Tha Tiger and Agent Vinod respectively.
Apparently both were seen doing some high quality stunts.
"Shoojit Sircar (director) asked me to stay like a normal guy. He wanted no heroism from me as it made no sense. I was asked to lose weight. We have tried to stay genuine. It is a serious film, we have stayed true to the concept... There is no song and dance thing," the 40-year-old actor said.
Madras Cafe is based on the civil war in Sri Lanka.
"We have focused and spent a lot of time on research. We were in discussions for six-seven years. We have put in lot of hard work," John Abraham said.
Going with the theme of the film, there were commandos dressed in black outfits carrying sack bags, machine guns during the press meet of the film.
Madras cafe has been shot in Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Thailand and Chennai for which John Abraham learned all the languages spoken in these places.