John Abraham: RAW agents don't flaunt abs, jump in air
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Actor John Abraham, who plays a RAW agent in his upcoming film Madras Cafe, says in real life these men do not jump like spider-man and flaunt six pack abs.
"We have shown real side of RAW agents. In fact we have two retired RAW agents in the film. They don't jump like spider-man or go around and flaunt their six pack abs. We have stuck to realism," John Abraham told reporters at the first look
of Madras Cafe.
Recently Salman Khan and Saif Ali Khan have played RAW agents in Ek Tha Tiger and Agent Vinod respectively.
Apparently both were seen doing some high quality stunts.
"Shoojit Sircar (director) asked me to stay like a normal guy. He wanted no heroism from me as it made no sense. I was asked to lose weight. We have tried to stay genuine. It is a serious film, we have stayed true to the concept... There is no song and dance thing," the 40-year-old actor said.
Madras Cafe is based on the civil war in Sri Lanka.
"We have focused and spent a lot of time on research. We were in discussions for six-seven years. We have put in lot of hard work," John Abraham said.
Going with the theme of the film, there were commandos dressed in black outfits carrying sack bags, machine guns during the press meet of the film.
Madras cafe has been shot in Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Thailand and Chennai for which John Abraham learned all the languages spoken in these places.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today