John Abraham to play gangster in 'Shoot Out At Wadala'
- LIVE: Domestic passenger flights to resume from Chennai airport tomorrow, says AAI
- Will stop odd-even scheme if people of Delhi face difficulty: Arvind Kejriwal
- Must stop Hindu fringe groups... like IS misusing Islam: Mehbooba Mufti
- Lashkar-e-Taiba operatives planning suicide attacks in Delhi: Police
- Espionage racket: 4th accused arrested in Rajouri
After playing a cop in Nishikant Kamath's 'Force', John Abraham is stepping into the grey zone with his character of a dreaded gangster of 70s in 'Shoot Out At Wadala'.
The film also marks Sanjay Gupta's return to direction after a gap of four years. The director is known for making action-thrillers like 'Kaante', 'Musafir', 'Zinda', 'Shootout at Lokhandwala'.
Gupta says the dramatic thriller about the gangster Manya Surve will see John go through a major transformation.
"Story of Manya Surve needs a good actor. Also, there is a certain physicality to this character. John will go through a massive transformation," said Gupta, who last directed John in 'Zinda'.
"John would be seen in a different light altogether as this character would grow from the 60s, establish itself in the 70s and then eventually reach its culmination in the early 80s. John has never played a role like this before."
The actor is known for his sophisticated image onscreen but Gupta is confident that he will pull the role of a desi gangster with equal ease.
"Shahrukh started off with a 'Baazigar'. Anil Kapoor was seen in a new light after 'Tezaab', Sanjay Dutt got further acclaim as an actor for 'Vaastav', Saif was hailed furthermore as an actor after 'Omkara'. All negative roles. This is a trend that you cannot ignore," said Gupta.