Johns Hopkins University invites Shivpal Yadav to deliver lecture on flood control
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
After Harvard University's invitation to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, his uncle and senior cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav has been invited by John Hopkins University to deliver a lecture on flood control, official sources said here.
"Yadav, who besides others holds portfolio of Irrigation Department has been invited by Hopkins University to deliver lecture on flood control and expediting water sector restructuring project in Uttar Pradesh," a senior official said.
The minister has, however, not given any confirmation about accepting the invitation.
Akhilesh Yadav was invited to deliver a lecture at Harvard University in Boston last month on the recent Mahakumbh Mela at Allahabad.
Azam Khan, a senior leader of the ruling Samajwadi Party in UP and Urban Development Minister, who was accompanying Yadav, was detained for about 10 minutes at the Boston Logan International Airport for "further questioning" after he landed in a scheduled British Airways flight from India on Wednesday.