Johns Hopkins University invites Shivpal Yadav to deliver lecture on flood control
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day, halfway mark crossed
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- April 17 poll roundup: Rajnath says only Modi will be PM; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- IPL 7: Yuvraj Singh roars back to form
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
After Harvard University's invitation to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, his uncle and senior cabinet minister Shivpal Yadav has been invited by John Hopkins University to deliver a lecture on flood control, official sources said here.
"Yadav, who besides others holds portfolio of Irrigation Department has been invited by Hopkins University to deliver lecture on flood control and expediting water sector restructuring project in Uttar Pradesh," a senior official said.
The minister has, however, not given any confirmation about accepting the invitation.
Akhilesh Yadav was invited to deliver a lecture at Harvard University in Boston last month on the recent Mahakumbh Mela at Allahabad.
Azam Khan, a senior leader of the ruling Samajwadi Party in UP and Urban Development Minister, who was accompanying Yadav, was detained for about 10 minutes at the Boston Logan International Airport for "further questioning" after he landed in a scheduled British Airways flight from India on Wednesday.
Following the detention of Azam, Yadav boycotted the Harvard lecture.
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer
- TMC captured booths in Cooch Behar, says Left; demands re-poll
- Ties with BJP under strain, TDP says may go it alone in Seemandhra
- BJP will emerge a major force in Bengal: Advani
- ‘Maintain birth data; see how many go to school after 5 years’