Johnny Depp a great character actor: Tim Burton
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Director Tim Burton says he enjoys working with actor Johnny Depp because of his ability as a character actor.
Burton has worked with Depp in eight films including "Edward Scissorhands", "Ed Wood" and "Sweeney Todd" and he said that it is great filming with the 49-year-old actor as he always brings something different to his roles, reported Contactmusic.
"It's enjoyable working with him. I like actors that like to become characters. Some actors make a career out of being themselves in a movie. But I've always enjoyed those real character actors that just like to become different creatures,
and he's that way," Burton said.
"In 'Scissorhands', he didn't speak. On 'Ed Wood', he didn't shut up! On 'Sweeney Todd' he sings. He's always trying something different on every movie. It's always a new territory with him," he added.