Johnny Depp returns to Hunter Thompson in 'The Rum Diary'
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Hollywood superstar Johnny Depp is set to reprise his role of gonzo journalist Hunter S Thompson in the upcoming 'The Rum Diary'.
The 48-year-old actor had earlier portrayed the character of Thompson in Terry Gilliam's 1998 adaptation 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas'.
And now he is set to score big yet again as he stars as an almost constantly boozed-up alter-ego of the cult journalist in the new movie, reported Daily Mail.
The movie follows the exploits of journalist Paul Kemp, a New York native who moves to Puerto Rico in the 1950s to work for a San Juan newspaper.
His editor immediately informs him that he regrets hiring him but he finds himself on an island full of sun, sea and unusually high proof rum.
'The Rum Diary', which was written in the 1960s and first published in 1998, is a project Depp has been passionate about for some time and he is credited as a producer.
The 'Pirates of the Caribbean' star was a good friend of the legendary journalist before his death in 2005.