Joint panel report Gurgaon expressway: Reduce tag card price, increase validity
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
The minutes of a meeting of all stakeholders of Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway was submitted before the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday.
Officials of Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA), concessionaire Delhi Gurgaon Super Connectivity Limited and Gurgaon police had met on November 19 on the directions of the High Court to chalk out a solution for the traffic chaos at Sirhaul toll plaza on the expressway.
The detailed report was submitted by the Gurgaon police on behalf of K K Sandhu, Commissioner of Police (Gurgaon). A total of 36 suggestions has been proposed to deal with the traffic problem at the toll plaza.
According to the report, it was decided that the minimum value for a general tag card be reduced to Rs 200 and validity of the card be increased. "Full amount can be utilised, like a debit card, and no cost shall be charged for the new card," the report stated.
The report further suggested that multiple points of sale and marketing of tag cards, touch cards and smart cards be made available in Gurgaon and Delhi. "Huge publicity should be given to, by way of advertisements in newspapers, TV channels, etc," the report said.
It has also been decided that a red-line would be drawn on the road on both side and when vehicles queue up beyond the line, the toll gate will be opened to ease congestion.
Two CCTV cameras will be installed next to these red lines to monitor and record movement of traffic and ensure transparency.
Also, a coordination meeting will be convened in the first week of every month to monitor progress of work and to take care of any other issue.
The court took the report on record and adjourned the case for resumed hearing on January 17. All parties were directed to apprise the court as to how many of these steps have been implemented.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer