Jose Mourinho can help me be the best again: Fernando Torres
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Spain forward Fernando Torres believes that under new Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho he will be able to rediscover the form that made him one of the world's most feared strikers.
Mourinho has said Torres can still play an important role at the London club despite a disappointing run since he left Liverpool two-and-a-half years ago for a British record fee of 50 million pounds ($78.4 million).
Torres, who is with the Spain squad at the Confederations Cup in Brazil, told As sports daily he wanted to complete his Chelsea contract, which expires at the end of June 2016.
"I want to see out the contract I signed, carry on winning titles and I would like to be the best in my position again," the 29-year-old said.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness