Joshi announces one time loan settlement for border industries
- In Delhi, Hardik Patel says he will take movement across country
- Bihar: BJP hits back, says it was not a Swabhiman rally but Apman rally
- Hindu women should never marry outside community: Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti
- Ready to amend Land Acquisition Act, ordinance will lapse tomorrow: PM
- Sheena murder case: Suitcase seized, accused taken to Raigad forest to 'recreate' crime scene
Industries Minister Anil Joshi Friday announced a one-time settlement (OTS) scheme for industries in border districts of Punjab to pay the outstanding loan dues towards Punjab Financial Corporation. Joshi said 409 units are likely to benefit under the scheme and said that the actual amount outstanding in said cases was Rs 625 crores, but under OTS scheme the total amount would be Rs 59 crore. He added that this would mean "financial sacrifice" by PFC to the tune of Rs 566 crore.
Under the scheme, in small loan cases of upto Rs 1 lakh, PFC will recover only the principal outstanding amount minus any payment made towards the loan after April 1, 2003. For loan cases upto Rs 5 lakh, the recoverable amount will not be more than double the loan disbursed. In cases above Rs 5 lakh loan, PFC will charge only six percent simple interest.