Joshi gets death threat from Indian Mujahideen
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Senior BJP leader Murli Manohar Joshi has allegedly got a death threat from terror outfit Indian Mujahiddeen, warning him against contesting the ensuing Lok Sabha elections.
The letter warned BJP candidate from Varanasi constituency Joshi against holding meetings and chanting 'Har Har Mahadev.'
DIG of police PC Meena, said an investigation has started in connection with the incident. "It would be clear only after a proper probe whether it was an act of mischief or a real threat to Joshi," he said.
The letter written in broken Hindi, was dropped at a local media office yesterday evening, which was a photo copy with no name of sender, but with Commander Indian Mujahidin was inscribed in it in the end, sources said.
Reacting to the alleged threat Joshi told PTI, "I do not fear anyone except the almighty.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi