Joshi visits loyalists on eve of key BJP meeting
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Former BJP general secretary Sanjay Joshi held closed-door meetings with his loyalists in the party here on Sunday. This comes on the eve of a key BJP meeting to be attended by Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Rajya Sabha member Arun Jaitley, spokesperson Nirmala Seetharaman, BJP's national vice-president Purshottam Rupala and Gujarat in-charge Balbir Punj among others at Koba.
Joshi visited the residence of former MLA and dissident BJP member Bhavin Sheth at Azad Society to attend a religious function, said Sheth.
He added that Joshi was accompanied by over 300 party workers. He also visited the house of former personal assistant of late Haren Pandya whose mother passed away some days ago.
Joshi also paid visit to old colleague Kanubhai Chinoy before leaving for Surat. In Surat, Joshi would speak on Swami Vivekananda, pet theme of Modi as well.
Sheth said Joshi was likely to come back to the state on October 18 even as Gujarat BJP leaders sought to maintain a distance from Joshi.