Joshi visits loyalists on eve of key BJP meeting
- Narendra Modi has deep character flaws... wouldâve fought in Varanasi if I knew Hindi: PC
- India-US chill claims Nancy Powellâs job
- Jobs report gloomy, prospects worst for graduates, shows all-India govt data
- Will act on report based on Tarun Tejpal CCTV tapes: Goa Police
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Advani praises Modi, Smriti Irani takes a dig at Rahul Gandhi
Former BJP general secretary Sanjay Joshi held closed-door meetings with his loyalists in the party here on Sunday. This comes on the eve of a key BJP meeting to be attended by Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Rajya Sabha member Arun Jaitley, spokesperson Nirmala Seetharaman, BJP's national vice-president Purshottam Rupala and Gujarat in-charge Balbir Punj among others at Koba.
Joshi visited the residence of former MLA and dissident BJP member Bhavin Sheth at Azad Society to attend a religious function, said Sheth.
He added that Joshi was accompanied by over 300 party workers. He also visited the house of former personal assistant of late Haren Pandya whose mother passed away some days ago.
Joshi also paid visit to old colleague Kanubhai Chinoy before leaving for Surat. In Surat, Joshi would speak on Swami Vivekananda, pet theme of Modi as well.
Sheth said Joshi was likely to come back to the state on October 18 even as Gujarat BJP leaders sought to maintain a distance from Joshi.
After resigning from the national executive committee of the BJP early this year, Joshi also relinquished his responsibilities in UP. But his interest in Gujarat continues to grow as Assembly elections inch closer.
- ‘Egoistic’ Adhalrao-Patil triggers exodus of Shiv Sena members to MNS
- Maya cites Godhra: Riots inevitable if Modi becomes PM
- Hours after SP claims clerics’ support, ‘real’ SUC denies it
- AAP man against Khurshid quits, claims corruption in party
- Panel’s efforts were futile: Justice Dharmadhikari
- A lodge register nailed the killer lover