Joshi visits loyalists on eve of key BJP meeting
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Former BJP general secretary Sanjay Joshi held closed-door meetings with his loyalists in the party here on Sunday. This comes on the eve of a key BJP meeting to be attended by Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Rajya Sabha member Arun Jaitley, spokesperson Nirmala Seetharaman, BJP's national vice-president Purshottam Rupala and Gujarat in-charge Balbir Punj among others at Koba.
Joshi visited the residence of former MLA and dissident BJP member Bhavin Sheth at Azad Society to attend a religious function, said Sheth.
He added that Joshi was accompanied by over 300 party workers. He also visited the house of former personal assistant of late Haren Pandya whose mother passed away some days ago.
Joshi also paid visit to old colleague Kanubhai Chinoy before leaving for Surat. In Surat, Joshi would speak on Swami Vivekananda, pet theme of Modi as well.
Sheth said Joshi was likely to come back to the state on October 18 even as Gujarat BJP leaders sought to maintain a distance from Joshi.
After resigning from the national executive committee of the BJP early this year, Joshi also relinquished his responsibilities in UP. But his interest in Gujarat continues to grow as Assembly elections inch closer.