Joshua Jackson was my first love: Katie Holmes
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- BJP leader to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- The Third Front: Why transgenders remain a minority in election process
- Elections LIVE 2014: BJP distances itself from Giriraj Singh over his Pak remarks; Modi takes a jibe at 'Shehzada' again
Actor Joshua Jackson has said that he received an unexpected phone call from the recently divorced Katie Holmes.
Holmes' first real-life romance was with "Dawson's Creek" co-star Jackson, before she ended up marrying Tom Cruise.
"Like any old friend, it was like, 'Oh, hi how are ya? What's going on?'; 'I had a kid. It was very nice, actually," Jackson said.
In a September 1998 Rolling Stone cover story, Holmes, then 19, had opened up about her romantic misfortunes-and fortunes, reported Us magazine.
"I had really good luck this past year and I had a really wonderful, amazing experience."
When asked whether that "amazing experience" was with her co-star Jackson, Holmes had said, "I'm just going to say that I met somebody last year, I fell in love, I had my first love, and it was something so incredible and indescribable.
"I feel so fortunate because he's now one of my best friends. It's weird, it's almost like a Dawson-and-Joey type thing now," she said.
Jackson and Holmes were reportedly a very serious couple, before the actor started dating "Troy" star Diane Kruger in 2006.