Journalistís father attacked, admitted to civil hospital
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Rakesh Khanna, the father of Mohit Khanna, a correspondent working The Tribune, was attacked with swords at Kacchi Gali near Daresi road on Saturday night.
The incident happened at midnight when Rakesh was sleeping in his shop located in Kacchi Gali and a few people entered the nextdoor shop to demolish it. He thought they were thieves and came out of his shop to raise the alarm.
However, the accused attacked Rakesh with swords and injured his hand badly. He was rushed to civil hospital.