Journalistís father attacked, admitted to civil hospital
- Media running 'false' news to tarnish Vasundhara Raje's image: CM office
- NIA says no 'issuance of inappropriate briefing by any officer'
- ‘Emergency one of India’s darkest periods,’ says PM Modi
- Lakhvi release: Pak says India politicising UNSC sanctions committee
- AAP unveils Rs.41,129 crore Delhi's 'Swaraj' budget
Rakesh Khanna, the father of Mohit Khanna, a correspondent working The Tribune, was attacked with swords at Kacchi Gali near Daresi road on Saturday night.
The incident happened at midnight when Rakesh was sleeping in his shop located in Kacchi Gali and a few people entered the nextdoor shop to demolish it. He thought they were thieves and came out of his shop to raise the alarm.
However, the accused attacked Rakesh with swords and injured his hand badly. He was rushed to civil hospital.
Police registered a case against Jaspreet Singh and Pappu Thekedar who had attacked Rakesh and were demolishing the shop. The material used to demolish the shop was taken in possession by police. Both the accused were arrested, confirmed SHO Sanjeev Kumar, adding that others who fled would also be arrested soon.