Journalistís father attacked, admitted to civil hospital
- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
Rakesh Khanna, the father of Mohit Khanna, a correspondent working The Tribune, was attacked with swords at Kacchi Gali near Daresi road on Saturday night.
The incident happened at midnight when Rakesh was sleeping in his shop located in Kacchi Gali and a few people entered the nextdoor shop to demolish it. He thought they were thieves and came out of his shop to raise the alarm.
However, the accused attacked Rakesh with swords and injured his hand badly. He was rushed to civil hospital.
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism