Journalistís father attacked, admitted to civil hospital
- A life full of tension is bad, spend quality time with family: PM Modi to bureaucrats
- IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi seriously wounded in US air strike: Report
- Eating beef not a fundamental right: Maharashtra govt tells High Court
- Dharamvira Gandhi removed as Parliamentary party leader of AAP
- Video: Giriraj Singh denies he met PM Modi and cried
Rakesh Khanna, the father of Mohit Khanna, a correspondent working The Tribune, was attacked with swords at Kacchi Gali near Daresi road on Saturday night.
The incident happened at midnight when Rakesh was sleeping in his shop located in Kacchi Gali and a few people entered the nextdoor shop to demolish it. He thought they were thieves and came out of his shop to raise the alarm.
However, the accused attacked Rakesh with swords and injured his hand badly. He was rushed to civil hospital.
Police registered a case against Jaspreet Singh and Pappu Thekedar who had attacked Rakesh and were demolishing the shop. The material used to demolish the shop was taken in possession by police. Both the accused were arrested, confirmed SHO Sanjeev Kumar, adding that others who fled would also be arrested soon.