Journalist shot at in Lanka
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Unidentified gunmen have shot and seriously wounded a Sri Lankan investigative journalist, colleagues and officials said on Saturday.
Doctors at the Colombo National Hospital said Faraz Shaukatally, 52, a journalist at the weekly Sunday Leader, was undergoing tests before being admitted for surgery.
Police said three gunmen entered the guest house where Shaukatally was staying, broke into his room and opened fire. Sunday Leader Editor Sakunthala Perera said the journalist was on the phone discussing a story to appear in this week's edition when he was shot.
Charitha Herath, Secretary to the Ministry of Media and Information, visited Shaukatally in hospital.
"This is an attempt to discredit the government," Herath said.