'Journey' tops Video Game Awards list
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
The artsy downloadable game "Journey'' leads the pack of nominees for this year's Spike Video Game Awards.
The PlayStation 3 game received seven nods in such categories as best graphics, independent game, original score and game of the year.
Other game of the year nominees are "Assassin's Creed III,'' "Dishonored," `'Mass Effect 3'' and "The Walking Dead: The Game.''
The nominees in the best shooter category are "Borderlands 2,'' "Call of Duty: Black Ops II,'' "Halo 4'' and "Max Payne 3.''
The 10th annual ceremony on Dec. 7 will be hosted by Samuel L. Jackson and broadcast live on Spike.
The show will feature debut footage from such upcoming games as "The Last of Us'' and "Gears of War: Judgment,'' as well as musical performances by Linkin Park and Tenacious D.