'Journey' tops Video Game Awards list
- As a public figure, you must learn to face criticism: SC tells Jayalalithaa in defamation case
- Rajnath Singh: Those who believe in Kashmiriyat, Insaniyat & Jamhooriyat welcome for talks
- Rohith Vemula was not a Dalit, says probe panel set up by HRD Ministry
- Scorpene Submarine: Will probe leak, says DCNS; source not from India, says Defence Ministry
- Saradha scam: ED summons Chidambaram's wife Nalini
The artsy downloadable game "Journey'' leads the pack of nominees for this year's Spike Video Game Awards.
The PlayStation 3 game received seven nods in such categories as best graphics, independent game, original score and game of the year.
Other game of the year nominees are "Assassin's Creed III,'' "Dishonored," `'Mass Effect 3'' and "The Walking Dead: The Game.''
The nominees in the best shooter category are "Borderlands 2,'' "Call of Duty: Black Ops II,'' "Halo 4'' and "Max Payne 3.''
The 10th annual ceremony on Dec. 7 will be hosted by Samuel L. Jackson and broadcast live on Spike.
The show will feature debut footage from such upcoming games as "The Last of Us'' and "Gears of War: Judgment,'' as well as musical performances by Linkin Park and Tenacious D.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity