Jovan Belcher spent night out before murder-suicide
- Karmakar country: Many Dipas of Tripura taking their own leap of faith
- For India in NSG, China to send main negotiator
- No Railway Budget from next financial year, Arun Jaitley accepts Suresh Prabhu's proposal
- J&K: 15 injured in Poonch blast, pilgrims said to be target
- Tavleen Singh writes: Kashmir’s violent ‘children’
Belcher returned to his home in Kansas City he shared with Perkins, 22, and the couple's 3-month-old daughter, police have said. The couple got into an argument and at 7:50 a.m. police responded to a call from the house and found Perkins shot dead in the master bedroom.
Belcher's mother was at the house at the time of the shooting. After the shooting, Belcher kissed his wounded girlfriend on the forehead, kissed his daughter and apologized to his mother, according to the Kansas City Star, details that Snapp confirmed.
Belcher fled in his car to the practice facility, where he encountered Chiefs' General Manager Scott Pioli and other Chiefs' staff in the parking lot, police have said.
Belcher then stepped out of his car with a handgun pointed at his head and said, "I did it, I killed her," Snapp said.
Pioli tried to persuade Belcher to drop the weapon. Head coach Romeo Crennel arrived on the scene and also tried to talk Belcher out of hurting himself, police said.
"Guys, I have to do this," Belcher said, according to the Kansas City Star, citing multiple police sources. Belcher ducked behind his car, made the sign of the cross and fired a shot into his head, Snapp confirmed.
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages
- Instead of laptops and books in their hands these children had stones and grenades
- Gau raksha is seen not just as a desire but a duty by PM Modi's core support
- PM Modi has put the onus for whatever happens in Gujarat on Amit Shah
- Prachanda must address Madhesi aspirations and bring relations with India on even keel
- Inflation has dropped by a large magnitude, during Raghuram Rajan’s tenure as RBI gov