Joy all over Treasury benches after Lok Sabha nod to FDI
- Janata Parivar Wedding: PM Narendra Modi 'showstopper' at Saifai
- Sena defends Modi suit auction, says see what amount Rahul's wardrobe would fetch
- The net widens: Top executives from five firms, two consultants arrested
- After Manjhi anti-climax, Nitish begins second act: ‘With folded hands, sorry’
- Congress yet to apologise for coal loss, says PM Narendra Modi
Hooda had said that farmers in Haryana would deliver quality potatoes to multinationals, who according to the opposition, had rejected Indian tubers for being too small for making French fries.
As the motion against FDI and amendments to FEMA were defeated, Saugata Ray (TMC) shouted 'CBI has won', in an apparent reference to case filed against some key outside supporters of the UPA government.
Shashi Tharoor (Cong) also objected to Swaraj stating in the House that he wanted to participate in the discussion but was disallowed by senior leaders.
"In the corridors of Parliament, the Leader of the Opposition struck a smiling conversation, which I replied with a smile," Tharoor, a member from Thiruvananthapuram, said requesting her to withdraw the statement.
The Congress-led government in Kerala is opposed to the policy of FDI in multi-brand retail.