Aarushi-Hemraj murder verdict: Judge cites 26 reasons for sentencing Talwars
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Record 79 pc polling in Bengal; Jaswant Singh writes to EC against Raje
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Supreme Court allows CAG to audit private telecom firms
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs RCB: Duminy, Taylor push DD to 145/4
Of course there is no direct evidence but CBI has placed a "clinching wealth of circumstances" from which the guilt of Rajesh Talwar and his wife Nupur has been made out for murdering their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, judge Shyam Lal said while outlining 26 reasons for sentencing the couple to rigorous life imprisonment.
"From the evidence as tendered by the prosecution in form of oral and documentary evidence this court reaches to the irresistible and impeccable conclusion that only the accused persons are responsible for committing this ghastly crimes as the following circumstances unerringly point towards the hypothesis of guilt of the accused," the 210-page order said.
While pointing out 26 circumstances leading to the conviction.
1. That irrefragably on the fateful night of May 15 and 16, 2008 both the accused were last seen with both the deceased in Flat No. L-32, Jalvayu Vihar at about 9.30 P.M. by Umesh Sharma, the driver of Rajesh Talwar;
2. That on the morning of May 16, 2008 at about 6.00 A.M. Aarushi was found murdered in her bed-room which was adjacent to the bedroom of the accused and there was only partition wall between two bed-rooms;
3. That the dead body of the servant Hemraj was found lying in the pool of blood on the terrace of flat no. L-32, Jalvayu Vihar on May 17, 2008 and the door of terrace was found locked from inside;
4. That there is a close proximity between the point of time when both the accused and the deceased persons were last seen together alive and the deceased were murdered in the intervening night of May 15 and 16, 2008 and as such the time is so small that possibility of any other person(s) other than the accused being the authors of the crime becomes impossible;
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18