Juhu molestation: Police to record statements of school authorities
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Biggest phase of voting kicks off across 121 seats in 12 states
Two days after a school bus driver was arrested for allegedly molesting a four-year-old student aboard the bus, Juhu police on Sunday said they would record the statements of school authorities to ascertain the sequence of events.
"We had asked for police custody of accused Ramesh Rajput to verify the details of the incident and things like the route of the bus and the number of children in the bus," said a police officer, adding, "We are also investigating if the accused was involved in similar incidents in the past."
Police, however, are still not clear about whether the woman attendant was present in the school bus when the girl was molested. They are yet to acquire the call data records of the attendant to find out if she was on the bus.
Police said no other parent has approached them yet but investigations are on about the conduct of Rajput.
Police are also looking out for eyewitnesses in the case. The incident happened on Tuesday, when Rajput allegedly touched the child inappropriately. The next day, the girl informed her parents, who iapproached the school authorities and Juhu police.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18