Juice centre employee held for murder
- Modi in US: PM meets media magnates; promises protection to Intellectual Property Rights
- Mecca stampede: Saudi blames heat, Iran says own responsibility
- Sourav Ganguly appointed chief of Cricket Association of Bengal
- Muzaffarnagar riots: SP, BJP in blame game over commission's report
- Gujarat HC slams Hardik Patel, his lawyer for midnight petition
Madhav Chaurasia (21), a sugarcane juice centre employee on the run after allegedly murdering a colleague, was arrested by Deonar Police on Wednesday. Police said earlier this month, Chaurasia sought Rs 4,000 to go to his native place, but his employer asked him to wait for a few days. "On November 22, Chaurasia waited till his employer left for the day and colleague Shamsher Ansari (21) went to sleep. He then tried to break open the cash register. Hearing the sound, Ansari woke up and tried to stop him. In the violent altercation that followed, Chaurasia strangled Ansari to death and fled," said senior inspector Pralhad Panaskar. Police found that Chaurasia had worked at a juice centre in Kurla earlier. His acquaintances told police he was a native of Huzoorpur in Uttar Pradesh. A team was sent and Chaurasia arrested from his house. He was brought to Mumbai on Thursday and produced in a metropolitan magistrate court, which remanded him in police custody till December 8.
Engineer dies while repairing elevator