Junior I-League to feature 15 top clubs
- 'For 9 months, you have been sitting over names': SC raps Centre on appointment of judges
- Tata Group said to shortlist candidates for next chairman following ouster of Cyrus Mistry
- PM Modi to visit Japan in November, civil nuclear pact high on agenda
- J&K: After nearly 4 hours, Pakistan resumes mortar shelling in R S Pura sector
- Wanted to hit LeT camps in Pakistan after 26/11 strike: Shivshankar Menon
A total of 15 teams including the defending champion Pune FC and Tata Football Academy (TFA) will vie for top honours in the U-20 Tournament for I-League teams, which will kicks-off here from March 5.
S Zuber Alam, a technical committee member of the Organisizing committee told PTI that the teams have been divided into three groups and each group will have five teams.
The top three teams from each group will qualify for the final round, which would begin on March 16, he said.
Stating that the matches would be played in two venues ¿ JRD Tata Sports Complex and Gopal Stadium--, he said the final shape to the fixture will be given in a day or two.
The Groups are as follows:
Group A: Pune FC, Prayag Utd. Sports, Sporting Clube De Goa, United Sikkim FC, Salgaocar FC
Group B: Mumbai FC, Dempo SC, Kingfisher East Bengal, ONGC FC, Tata Football Academy
- A letter like Cyrus Mistry’s could deepen the credibility crisis of Indian capitalism
- The transgender rights bill dilutes the private member’s bill passed by Rajya Sabha
- Diverse myths around the festival underpin Hinduism’s openness
- Polygamy and gender justice debate is more complicated than it is made out to be
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor