Junior I-League to feature 15 top clubs
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Narendra Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath Singh heads to Lucknow
- TRS rules out alliance with Congress in Lok Sabha, Assembly polls
- AAP releases sixth list; Tribal activist Soni Sori and Shazia Ilmi get tickets
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
A total of 15 teams including the defending champion Pune FC and Tata Football Academy (TFA) will vie for top honours in the U-20 Tournament for I-League teams, which will kicks-off here from March 5.
S Zuber Alam, a technical committee member of the Organisizing committee told PTI that the teams have been divided into three groups and each group will have five teams.
The top three teams from each group will qualify for the final round, which would begin on March 16, he said.
Stating that the matches would be played in two venues ¿ JRD Tata Sports Complex and Gopal Stadium--, he said the final shape to the fixture will be given in a day or two.
The Groups are as follows:
Group A: Pune FC, Prayag Utd. Sports, Sporting Clube De Goa, United Sikkim FC, Salgaocar FC
Group B: Mumbai FC, Dempo SC, Kingfisher East Bengal, ONGC FC, Tata Football Academy
Group C: Shillong Lajong FC, Churchill Brothers SC, Air India FC, McDowell Mohun Bagan AC, SESA Football Academy.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- I skiI skipped rally because I was misled: Anna Hazare
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports