Junior I-League to feature 15 top clubs
- Coal scam: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh summoned as accused in Hindalco case
- Supreme Court hands out life term to six convicts in Manjunath murder case
- AAP Delhi MLAs write letter seeking expulsion of Yadav, Bhushan: Reports
- Land to Mines to coal, Oppn stands stall in RS
- BJP line to restive RSS: our ministers may quit if PDP doesn’t behave
A total of 15 teams including the defending champion Pune FC and Tata Football Academy (TFA) will vie for top honours in the U-20 Tournament for I-League teams, which will kicks-off here from March 5.
S Zuber Alam, a technical committee member of the Organisizing committee told PTI that the teams have been divided into three groups and each group will have five teams.
The top three teams from each group will qualify for the final round, which would begin on March 16, he said.
Stating that the matches would be played in two venues ¿ JRD Tata Sports Complex and Gopal Stadium--, he said the final shape to the fixture will be given in a day or two.
The Groups are as follows:
Group A: Pune FC, Prayag Utd. Sports, Sporting Clube De Goa, United Sikkim FC, Salgaocar FC
Group B: Mumbai FC, Dempo SC, Kingfisher East Bengal, ONGC FC, Tata Football Academy
Group C: Shillong Lajong FC, Churchill Brothers SC, Air India FC, McDowell Mohun Bagan AC, SESA Football Academy.