Junior NTR injured in car accident
- Vijay Rupani sworn in as the Chief Minister of Gujarat
- PM speaks: Gau rakshaks anti-social, so angry to see shops in cow’s name
- Punjab: RSS leader shot at in Jalandhar, condition critical
- Bhiwandi: Several feared trapped under debris after building collapse
- Kashmir unrest: Separatists make it personal, name police officers
Actor Junior NTR suffered serious injuries when the car in which he was travelling collided with another car late Thursday night near Mothe village in Nalgonda district. He has been admitted to the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Secunderabad.
Police said the actor was returning to Hyderabad, after his road show at Khammam when his SUV collided with a car coming in the opposite direction. Junior NTR who was sitting in the passenger seat was thrown out of the vehicle, and dragged for about 50 metres on the road.
Doctors at KIMS said he had three broken ribs, slight compression in the lower spinal cord, but said he was out of danger. He has been advised bed rest for at least three weeks. Doctors said there were abrasions on his arms, back and shoulders.
- The plight of Dalits in Gujarat cannot be attributed only to BJP rule
- More than a new building, Parliament needs an update of its procedures
- It is time the UN had a woman and a feminist as its secretary-general
- CM Mufti appropriates language of struggle, but BJP-PDP alliance erodes her legitimacy
- Revenge of the powerless voter
- Across the aisle: Good sense triumphs, danger lurks