Junior NTR injured in car accident
- Chennai floods: Death toll crosses 260, Army rescues 5000 people
- Live: Rescue, relief in full swing as Chennai battles floods
- Delhi Assembly passes bill to effect 400% hike in MLA salary
- India playing major role in destroying climate: Maneka Gandhi
- 3 militants killed as Army foils major infiltration bid in JK
Actor Junior NTR suffered serious injuries when the car in which he was travelling collided with another car late Thursday night near Mothe village in Nalgonda district. He has been admitted to the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Secunderabad.
Police said the actor was returning to Hyderabad, after his road show at Khammam when his SUV collided with a car coming in the opposite direction. Junior NTR who was sitting in the passenger seat was thrown out of the vehicle, and dragged for about 50 metres on the road.
Doctors at KIMS said he had three broken ribs, slight compression in the lower spinal cord, but said he was out of danger. He has been advised bed rest for at least three weeks. Doctors said there were abrasions on his arms, back and shoulders.
- BJP setback in local polls may point to a growth model that does not create jobs
- The International Film Festival of India appears to be losing its raison d’être
- The myth of Intolerant India
- India’s secularism is indigenous, powerful than similar commitments by older democracies
- The real outrage
- Delhi Jan Lokpal bill: Kejriwal has turned ombudsman into a joke