Junior NTR injured in car accident
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Actor Junior NTR suffered serious injuries when the car in which he was travelling collided with another car late Thursday night near Mothe village in Nalgonda district. He has been admitted to the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Secunderabad.
Police said the actor was returning to Hyderabad, after his road show at Khammam when his SUV collided with a car coming in the opposite direction. Junior NTR who was sitting in the passenger seat was thrown out of the vehicle, and dragged for about 50 metres on the road.
Doctors at KIMS said he had three broken ribs, slight compression in the lower spinal cord, but said he was out of danger. He has been advised bed rest for at least three weeks. Doctors said there were abrasions on his arms, back and shoulders.
The accident has put the actor out of poll campaigning and has come as a big jolt for the TDP, which is banking on him to take on the PRP and the Congress.