Junior NTR injured in car accident
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
Actor Junior NTR suffered serious injuries when the car in which he was travelling collided with another car late Thursday night near Mothe village in Nalgonda district. He has been admitted to the Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Secunderabad.
Police said the actor was returning to Hyderabad, after his road show at Khammam when his SUV collided with a car coming in the opposite direction. Junior NTR who was sitting in the passenger seat was thrown out of the vehicle, and dragged for about 50 metres on the road.
Doctors at KIMS said he had three broken ribs, slight compression in the lower spinal cord, but said he was out of danger. He has been advised bed rest for at least three weeks. Doctors said there were abrasions on his arms, back and shoulders.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since